Ryedale District Council

Council tax support appeals

A claimant who may be affected by a relevant decision regarding council tax support may request the local authority to revise its decision and also the independent appeals tribunal to consider the revised decision.

Anyone who has claimed council tax support and disagrees with the decision made in their assessment can challenge the decision by submitting an appeals form within one month of the date of the decision they are appealing against.completing form

If you decide that you are not happy with your benefit decision notice and you would like us to look at your claim again or if you want to appeal against it, you should make your request, in writing, to be received at this office within one calendar month of the date on the decision notice.

Appeals made more than one month after your notification of support entitlement should also explain the delay in making an appeal.
Your claim will be looked at by a different member of staff and a full explanation given. If you are still unhappy with the decision you can ask for your appeal to be sent to the Independent Appeals Tribunal service.

Contact us

Ryedale District Council
Ryedale House, Old Malton Road
Malton, North Yorkshire
YO17 7HH

Find our main offices by map

Connect with us

You are here: Home All services Council tax and benefits Benefits Council tax support appeals