Ryedale has a Safety Advisory Group set up to maintain and enhance public safety. It’s made up of:
- Ryedale District Council (Licensing, Environmental Health)
- North Yorkshire Police
- Counter Terrorism Policing North East
- North Yorkshire County Council
- North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue
- Yorkshire Ambulance Service
The Ryedale Safety Advisory Group is chaired by Ryedale District Council’s Environmental Health Manager.
Planning and organising an event
If you are organising an event in the district, there are a number of responsibilities you’ll need to take on as the organiser. If you are holding an event you need to understand that you are legally responsible for the safety of anyone attending.
The following pointers should help you in your planning:
- Create a planning timetable including key dates
- Identify a team of people to help plan, organise and run the event, who can take responsibility for public safety
- Be clear about what you can achieve on your budget
- Carry out risk assessments to ensure public safety
- Consider whether your event will cause disruption to traffic
- Assess and include mitigations against possible threats from terrorism
- Consider whether your event will require a licence
Please check on The Events Industry Forum website for guidance for keeping workers and audiences safe during COVID-19 (England).
The Safety Advisory Group has produced a number of guidance documents that help you know the key points to consider.
- Application to hold an event (.pdf 127kB)
- Event safety guidance (.pdf 95kB)
- Event management plan template (.pdf 97kB)
- Event Planning and Counter Terrorism Considerations (.pdf 398kB)
Organisers are encouraged to complete the event notification form and event management plan, returning them to the contact listed on the event notification form.