Support from the Council
Community groups, volunteers, businesses and local people are all pulling together during these challenging times to offer help to those who are struggling to cope with COVID-19 and its effects.
- Contact the Benefits Team if your employment situation has changed and you may be entitled to benefits.
- Contact the Housing Options Team via our Enquiry Form if you are worried about paying your rent and concerned you could get evicted, or if you are behind on your mortgage payments. There is more information about options in the homelessness section of this website.
Support from the Ryedale Community Support Organisation
If you do not have family, friends or neighbours to help you during COVID – don’t worry.
Call 01609 780 780They will put you in touch with your local Community Support Organisation who can help.
The Ryedale Community Support Organisation is a central resource for residents, partners, organisations and networks across Ryedale. It can help you by:
- Organising food and medication collection
- Telephoning you regularly so you don’t feel lonely and to check on your welfare
- Information, advice and support for Local Network/Group partners
- Signposting you to national, regional and local helplines/organisations for specialist support
- Advising you on how to access North Yorkshire County Council’s Covid-19 Support Fund (available to individuals experiencing financial hardship as a result of the Coronavirus)
If you are a community or voluntary group, Ryedale Community Support Oragnisation also provides information, advice and support for the induction, management and deployment of volunteers.
Read this guidance in Polish
Prosimy również o dalsze doglądanie osób ze swojej społeczności, które mogą potrzebować pomocy w takich sprawach, jak zakupy i inne niezbędne zadania, odebranie recepty lub po prostu posiadanie kogoś, z kim można porozmawiać.
Osoby, które potrzebują pomocy i nie mają do kogo zadzwonić, mogą skontaktować się z naszym centrum obsługi klienta pod numerem 01609 780780 przez siedem dni w tygodniu w godzinach 8:00-17:30.
Read this guidance in Romanian
De asemenea, vă rugăm să continuați să verificați persoanele din comunitatea dvs.
care ar avea nevoie de ajutor pentru a face cumpărături sau alte lucruri esențiale
cum ar fi colectarea rețetelor sau doar pentru a avea pe cineva cu care să
Persoanele care au nevoie de ajutor și nu au pe nimeni altcineva la care pot apela
pot contacta centrul nostru de asistență pentru clienți la numărul de telefon 01609
780780, șapte zile pe săptămână între orele 8am-5:30pm.
We have further information about keeping yourself and others safe here, which also covers taking care with people coming into your home and domestic abuse.
Help to get to your COVID-19 vaccinations
If you have received a letter to go for a COVID-19 vaccination and you can’t take public transport/don’t have a friend or family member to take you, then Ryedale Community Transport may be able to assist.
Helping those with Hidden Disabilities
Not all disabilities are obvious. People with hidden disabilities (for example, learning difficulties or autism) may find it more difficult to cope with new situations, or to follow new rules such as social distancing.
We’ve signed up to the Hidden Disability Sunflower Scheme. Together with COVID-19 safety measures in place, the handy guide we’ve produced below and the Hidden Disability Sunflower Scheme, we can help those get the support they need.Download the hidden disabilities Sunflower Scheme leaflet
Community Grants during COVID-19
Rural Service Network has pulled together funding available mainly for rural community groups, but some businesses as well. Click here for more information from Rural Service Network.