Ryedale District Council

 

You are here: Home Closed Consultations Budget Consultation 2018/19

Budget Consultation 2018/19

The consultation has now closed.

Ryedale District Council is consulting on our budget and the services we provide for 2018/19.

The results of the consultation will inform the decision to be made by Council on 22 February 2018 on the budget and council tax level for 2018/19.

Although we send you your council tax bill with our name on top, we keep only 11% of the money we collect. The other 89% is split between North Yorkshire County Council (70%), North Yorkshire Police (13%), North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue (4%) and parishes (2%).

In return you receive a range of services and facilities from this Council including:

  • Refuse collection
  • Street cleaning
  • Recycling
  • Leisure facilities
  • Housing services and preventing homelessness
  • Economic development
  • Planning services
  • Environmental health
  • Animal welfare
  • Community safety
  • Tourism
  • Arts and cultural services

We are currently considering our budget and council tax levels for 2018/19 and beyond. Councillors have decided to prepare a budget with an average £5.00 increase in council tax per household for 2018/19.

It is important that you have your say on the level of council tax set and we would like to hear your opinion about which services we currently offer that you feel are a priority.

The deadline for responses is Friday 26 January 2018.

For further information or to request a paper copy of the consultation, please contact:

Feedback
Ryedale District Council
Ryedale House
Malton
North Yorkshire
YO17 7HH

Email: Feedback
Phone: 01653 600666 Ext: 228

 

Contact us


Ryedale District Council
Ryedale House
Old Malton Road
Malton, North Yorkshire
YO17 7HH

Email: Contact the Council

Phone: 01653 600666

Connect with us

 

Like us on Facebook Facebook 
Follow us on Twitter Twitter
Follow us on Flickr Flickr
 Subscribe to us on Youtube= YouTube
 Connect with us on LinkedIn= LinkedIn