Closing date: Sunday 7 August 2022
Interview date: W/C 8 August 2022
Would you like to be a part of an amazing, dedicated and conscientious team, who use their quick thinking and emotional resilience to provide help and support to residents throughout North Yorkshire? Based at Ryedale House in Malton, the Ryecare Lifeline Service handles emergency calls 24/7, 365 days a year and have been assisting North Yorkshire residents to get help for over 30 years, making an invaluable contribution to the local community.
About Ryedale District Council (RDC)
Ryedale District Council are an ambitious and forward thinking Council, resolute in our commitment to the communities of Ryedale. RDC are committed to continually achieving our established direction and vision, to ensure we keep delivering what matters for Ryedale; through prioritising and achieving sustainable growth, focussing on customers and communities and demonstrating a ‘One Ryedale’ approach.
RDC provides services for approximately 53,000 residents, local businesses and the many visitors to the area. Ryedale district covers an area of 575 square miles and is one of the seven districts that make up North Yorkshire.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Marketing & Administrative Officer to extensively promote the Ryecare lifeline service, raising awareness in the local area and maximising income in line with the Ryecare Business Plan through:
- Production of draft marketing material and a marketing plan, including providing presentations to groups of prospective clients and organisations and draft press releases.
- Consultation with customers to provide a service they require – individual to their needs.
- Building relationships with other partnerships to work together to spread the word about the quality local service Ryecare provides
Ryecare offers customers the ability to stay living independently at home, whilst also receiving the extra reassurance that help is available at the touch of a button. The call centre operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks of the year and is available for anyone who would like to feel safer in their home.
The service provides a call unit and pendant with a button that can be pressed in case of emergency, automatically alerting the call centre who will provide immediate assistance.
About the post holder
- To be successful in the role the post holder will have: The ability, drive and passion to maximise the potential of the service and increase referral rates from others through raising awareness of the benefits of the Ryecare service. This involves individual or group presentations. Designing or updating promotional literature and distribution of this throughout the district.
- The ability to apply creative and innovatory thinking in the resolution of problems and handle issues through continually looking at implementing new ways of working, challenging assumptions in the delivery of the service and ensuring the service is customer focussed.
- The flexibility and confidence to handle calls in the call centre if needed (this could occasionally be out of normal office hours) and assist with the installation and testing of lifelines throughout the district.
- Highly effective communication skills with a patient, caring and sympathetic approach, treating customers with respect and dignity
- An interest and awareness of the whole service. To be commercially aware and suggest ideas to improve the service we provide in a customer focussed way.
The Council takes seriously its responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people and to protect adults at risk. There is an expectation that all staff will positively demonstrate their awareness and support to this commitment. The role will involve an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Applicants must be good decision makers, be able to prioritise their work load and be able to work calmly under pressure. Think this could be you? We look forward to receiving your application and hearing how you can help us achieve our vision.Apply Here