If you have a complaint, compliment or feedback, we want to hear it. Your feedback is very useful to us. We use it to understand what we’ve done well and where we an improve. You can tell us if:
- Something’s gone well
- You’re unhappy and want to complain about something
- You have a comment about our services
Our complaints, compliments and feedback procedure sets out how to share your views with us, and how we deal with your feedback.Download the complaints, compliments and feedback procedure
How to get in touch with us
You can submit complaints, compliments and feedback in any of the following ways:
- Online: by using our simple online complaints, compliments and feedback form
- In writing: by writing to Ryedale District Council, Ryedale House, Old Malton Road, Malton, YO17 7HH. Someone can also write on your behalf.
- In person: visit us at Ryedale House and speak to a member of staff
- By telephone: phone 01653 600666 to contact Customer Services
- By email: email@example.com for complaints or firstname.lastname@example.org for compliments and other comments
What to include when you contact us
- Your full name and address, postcode, telephone number and email address
- As much as you can about the incident, service or employee involved
- What has gone right or what has gone wrong
- How you want us to resolve the matter
Can I complain anonymously or confidentially?
We will deal with a complaint confidentially and your identity will only be made known to the person(s) investigating the complaint.
In some circumstances, it may not be possible to preserve confidentiality, for example where relevant legislation applies. Or if allegations are made involving the conduct of third parties.
If we can’t deal with your complaint confidentially, we will explain why. You may then choose whether or not to continue with your complaint.
Whatever you decide to do, we’ll record the complaint so that we can improve, but all personal details will be excluded.
We don’t usually deal with anonymous complaints. If you wish to make us aware of something that you are dissatisfied with, but prefer to remain anonymous, the information you provide will be considered as feedback. More information about how we handle feedback can be found in our complaints, compliments and feedback procedure.
Complaints about services the Council doesn’t carry out
If you make a complaint about a service that we don’t manage or carry out, then we’ll give you the contact information for the organisation, and if possible for a specific person. Or, if we have the details for an outside organisation who can help, we’ll pass these on too.
Our role is over at this point. So, we can’t act as an intermediary or follow these complaints up.
However, sometimes we may take up matters on behalf of the community where there has been a clear failure on the part of an organisation.