Businesses selling food and drink can obtain a pavement licence to put tables and chairs on the road (including footpaths and pavements) next to their premises. This permission can only be used to sell or consume food and drink.
Apply for a pavement licence
You can apply here for a pavement licence.Download the application form
Please download the application form and then email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following documents:
- A copy of Public Liability Insurance certificate (minimum cover £2,000,000)
- A plan with the exact location and dimensions of the area to be licensed highlighted in red
- The location of the proposed furniture and distance to the edge of any pedestrian area
- Pictures of the furniture/barriers to be used
- Photographs of the area to be covered by the licence and the surrounding highway
- Evidence of consent from neighbouring frontage(s) to use footway space outside their property (if applicable)
This is a new licence. It does not replace the current Tables and Chairs licence and businesses who currently hold this licence can continue to operate their business.