Ryedale District Council

You are here: Home All services Leisure and culture Tourism and travel

Tourism and travel

VisitryedaleallwhiteredboxThe Visit Ryedale website has all the information you need to enjoy getting out and about or staying in Ryedale. You can check out the many types of accomodation available, information about our local attractions and a variety of things to see and do across the district.

Ryedale does not have a Tourist Information Centre but you can visit one of our friendly ‘Visitor Information Points’ for free town maps, leaflets, advice and free wifi. These are at :

  • Ryedale District Council, Ryedale House, Old Malton Road, Malton YO17 7HH. Open Monday to Friday 09:00 - 16:00
  • Trailblazer Outdoors, 17 Market Place, Pickering YO18 7AE. Open Monday to Saturday 09:30 - 17:30


Tourist signs ("brown signs") are the responsibility of the Highways Agency on trunk roads and North Yorkshire County Council on other roads. Tourist attractions and facilities (e.g. hotels) can apply for direction signs to their location.

If they meet the criteria (which may vary by area) then they pay for the costs of erecting the signs.

For information on support for tourism businesses please visit the Tourism support for Businesses page.



Contact us

Ryedale District Council
Ryedale House, Old Malton Road
Malton, North Yorkshire
YO17 7HH

Find our main offices by map

Connect with us

You are here: Home All services Leisure and culture Tourism and travel