Report the following flood situations
- To report a blocked roadside drainage and channel go here (you will need to register with North Yorkshire County Council)
- Rivers: Telephone 0800 80 70 60 (24-hour service from the Environment Agency)
- Public sewers and burst water mains are handled by Yorkshire Water. Report one on the Yorkshire Water website.
In the event of flooding, we work closely with the Environment Agency, Yorkshire County Council and Yorkshire Water to ensure pumps are deployed in the areas where they’re needed most.
Requesting help with flooding
Fill in the form below or telephone 01653 600666 for help with the following;
- The removal of any damaged furniture, carpets, white goods etc due to flooding. This is free of charge but please complete your insurance claim first.
- The supply of flood packs of equipment to help with the clean up. We can arrange for you to collect the packs, or we can deliver if that is not possible.
- To request sandbags if it looks like flood water will reach your property