Ryedale District Council

You are here: Home All services Environment and waste Rubbish and recycling Bulky household waste collections

Bulky household waste collections

Information on how to re-use, recycle or dispose of large household items such as furniture or white goods.

If you have bulky furniture items that you think are in good condition and which may be useful to someone else, there are community organisations which may, depending on where you live, come and collect from your house.

 Community Organisation contacts are:

York Community Furniture Store

Basics Plus

St Catherine's Hospice - Malton Furniture Store

  • Will collect and deliver
  • Telephone: (01653) 229071

British Heart Foundation

Offer a free collection for furniture and electrical items using our online booking form. We'll give you a call within 72 hours to confirm your booking.

Why not try giving your items away through Freecycle or Freegle.

[Back to top]

Bulky Household Waste Collection

We will collect up to two items of bulky household waste for a minimum charge of £27.00 inc. VAT (1 April 2017). Examples include:

  • Freestanding furniture such as chairs, wardrobes, three-piece suites and beds
  • White goods such as washers, fridges, freezers
  • Carpets
  • Garden equipment e.g. benches, washing lines, lawnmowers but not petrol lawnmowers

This service does not cover anything that may be classed as a fixture or fitting such as kitchen units, bathroom suites, radiators, windows, doors, garden waste, rubble and large or heavy items. If you have a heavy or large load to remove, please contact us as below.

To arrange for a collection, please email us, call us on 01653 600666 or use the online form and we will arrange a collection day. You can pay over the telephone using your credit (surcharge applies) or debit card.

If you have difficulty moving bulky items, let us know but please be aware this is not a removal service and, as far as is practicable, all items should be outside your property.

Alternatively, you may take any item of household waste to your nearest North Yorkshire County Council Household Waste Site.


Contact us

Ryedale District Council
Ryedale House, Old Malton Road
Malton, North Yorkshire
YO17 7HH

Find our main offices by map

Connect with us

You are here: Home All services Environment and waste Rubbish and recycling Bulky household waste collections