We collect dead animals from the roads and footpaths throughout the district. If you notice an animal that requires collecting please fill in the details in the form below or telephone 01653 600666.
Farm animal carcases cannot be buried or burnt in the open due to the risk of disease.
Records must be completed when transporting livestock carcasses that may have died on your premises. The document must specify:
- The date the material was moved
- A description of the material and the category description (ear tag number if applicable)
- The quantity of material
- The place of origin of material
- The name and address of the carrier
- The name and address of the receiver and the approval number (if applicable)
The document must be produced in triplicate. The receiver retains the original and the producer and transporter each keep a copy. Records must be retained for two years.