Ryedale District Council

Debt counselling

Information on where to get help and advice on managing any debts.

Local Face to Face Advice

Ryedale Citizens Advice Bureau have specialist trained debt advisors, please contact them to make an appointment to see an advisor or attend their generic drop in sessions for an initial assessment of your needs.

Stanley Harrison House
North Yorkshire
YO17 9RD
Phone 03444 111444

Hope Central have specialist trained debt advisors, please contact them to make an appointment

62-64 Castlegate
North Yorkshire
YO17 7DZ
Phone 01653 692616

Personalised online and debt advice available over the telephone

The Citizens Advice Bureau have a national website offering advice about managing your debts.

Step Change is a national charity which can support you and provide personalised advice about managing your debts – find out more at Step Change website or by phoning 0800 1381111.

Debt Support Trust is a registered charity. For further information visit their website or phone 0800 0850226.

General Debt Advice

GOV.UK - options for paying off your debts

National Debtline

Where can I get advice about rent arrears?

Please contact your landlord or letting agent in the first instance to let them know that you are struggling to pay your rent. You may be able to come to an agreement to pay off what you owe in instalments.

Contact the Housing Options Team on 01653 600666 for advice or arrange an appointment to discuss your situation. We aim to prevent homelessness in the district and the Housing Options Team will help you to try to remain in your home.

Stonham Homestay operate a Homelessness Prevention Service in Ryedale and they may be able to provide support. You can refer yourself to them by phoning 01653 694703 or 01723 366566.

Contact the Housing Benefit department on 01653 600666 to see if you are eligible for any financial help.



Contact us

Ryedale District Council
Ryedale House, Old Malton Road
Malton, North Yorkshire
YO17 7HH

Find our main offices by map

Connect with us