Ryedale District Council

Housing benefit renewal

Local authorities may review the circumstances of anyone who is currently receiving housing benefit by issuing a change in circumstances form or by carrying out a visit.

Housing Benefit is paid for as long as a person has entitlement to it. We will not ask you to renew your claim each year, so it is important that you keep us up-to-date with your household, income and capital details. There may be changes in the amount of benefit entitlement, due to changes of circumstances.

Although you do not have to renew your claim each year, we may contact you to conduct an in-claim review of your benefit. This means that we will ask you to provide information about your circumstances and up to date proof of your income and capital. Your claim may be reviewed at any time, and it is important that you provide the information that we ask for, so you continue to get the right amount of benefit.

We may review your claim by post or in person by visiting you. If we contact you to arrange a visit, we will tell you the name of the officer who will be visiting and try to arrange a convenient time.

If you have any queries, please contact us on 01653 600666 ext 600 or email Benefits Services.


Contact us

Ryedale District Council
Ryedale House, Old Malton Road
Malton, North Yorkshire
YO17 7HH

Find our main offices by map

Connect with us

You are here: Home All services Council tax and benefits Benefits Housing benefit renewal