Ryedale District Council

Street collections licence

Charities or societies wishing to collect money or sell articles for the benefit of charitable or other purposes in England or Wales require a street collection licence from the local authority.

One collection per year is allowed with one charity or society only authorised to collect on the day in any town within the District.

There is no charge for this licence.

Eligibility Criteria

No provision in the legislation.

Regulation Summary

A summary of the regulation relating to this licence.

Application Evaluation Process

No provision in the legislation.

How long will it take to receive a licence?

Following receipt of the application form and any necessary attachments you can expect to hear from us normally within 28 days.

Tacit Consent applies: this means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from us by the end of the target period. If you have not heard from us within a reasonable period please contact us. You can do this online if you applied through the UK Welcomes service or use the contact details below.

Apply online

Failed Application Redress

Please contact us in the the first instance.

Licence Holder Redress

Please contact us in the first instance.

Consumer Complaint

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Consumer Direct will give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.

Other redress

For example about noise, pollution etc. please contact us. (noise/pollution report form).

For further information contact Health and Environment on 01653 600666.


Attachments (downloads)
FileNo of pagesFile sizeCreated
Download this file (street_collections_statement2010.pdf)Notify us of the result of a collection18 kB11-2013
Download this file (Street_Collection_Guidance_Notes.pdf)Street collection guidance notes222 kB11-2013

Contact us

Ryedale District Council
Ryedale House, Old Malton Road
Malton, North Yorkshire
YO17 7HH

Find our main offices by map

Connect with us