What happens if an overpayment is found?
If we find an overpayment, we will write and tell you:
- What caused the overpayment
- The dates of the overpayment
- The amount of the overpayment
- What to do if you disagree with the overpayment
- If you are the landlord, who the overpayment is for, their address, the period and amount of the overpayment.
If we are going to ask you to pay back the overpayment, we will contact you again to tell you how this will be done. If you do not agree that you have received an overpayment, you may want to appeal against the decision.
You can report changes in circumstances through this form to avoid overpayments change of Circumstances online form.