Discretionary housing payments

If your Housing Benefit is less than your rent, regardless of the reason, you will have to make up the difference and pay it to your landlord. If you are struggling to meet the difference between the benefit you have been awarded and your full rent, you may be able to apply for Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP).