To help you with your planning application, we have put together lots of help and advice so that you know exactly which extra bits of information to send us with your application. If your application is missing important bits of information, we won’t be able to validate or process it.
What to do before submitting your application
Before submitting your application, make sure that you have included all of the accompanying information that we need.
We’ve listed lots of helpful planning validation guidance for you below. It gives you advice about both national and local validation requirements.
- To help us validate your application and make a decision, please provide a list of the documents that you are sending with your application
- If you have any questions, please submit an Enquiry Form. We do not charge for this service but if you need advice about whether planning permission is required (or likely to be granted), then you will be charged a fee.
After checking you have all the required documents, please submit the relevant application form by using our online Planning Portal.
Can I send my application on paper?
- If you would rather send your application on paper, you will need to send us one original copy
- All forms are available below to download and complete
- Please make sure you sign and date your forms
- Conversion of agricultural buildings to dwellings under permitted development (.pdf 150kB)
- Pre-application planning and listed building advice (.pdf 185kB)
- Householder application for planning permission (.pdf 112kB)
- Application for outline or full planning permission (.pdf 154kB)
- Checklist for application validation for approval of reserved matters (.pdf 94kB)
- Checklist for validation of listed building consent (.pdf 118kB)
- Checklist for application for advertisement consent (.pdf 86kB)
- Checklist for application for lawful development certificate (.pdf 88kB)
- Checklist for application for prior notification of proposed development by telecommunications code system operators (.pdf 113kB)
- Checklist for application for prior notification of agricultural or forestry development (.pdf 90kB)
- Checklist for application for tree works: trees subject to a Tree Preservation Order or trees in a Conservation Area (.pdf 98kB)
- Application for approval of details reserved by condition (.pdf 85kB)
- Checklist for application for removal or variation of a condition following the grant of planning permission (Section 73 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990) (.pdf 87kB)
- Checklist for application for hedgerow removal notice (.pdf 85kB)
- Checklist for application to modify or discharge a Section 106 planning obligation (Section 106A of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990) (.pdf 85kB)
- Application validation guidance (.pdf 437kB)