How do I view or comment on a planning application?
- You can view or comment on a planning application on our online planning application register
- We recommend that you use Internet Explorer to view or comment on a planning application. Due to technical issues, it is recommended that you do not use Google Chrome for this task.
- If you have used our Register before, click the “Next” button below to acknowledge you have read the important information listed below.
When you send your comments, the form will time out after 25 minutes. If you have a large amount of text to submit, it’s a good idea to write it in MS Word and copy it into the comments box.
What can I use the Online Planning Application Register for?
You can use it to:
- Search our planning application database for information
- Monitor the progress of a planning application
- Look at plans, decision notices and appeal decisions on applications
- Submit comments about an application. Your comments will become public and people will be able to read them on this website
- Find out whether an appeal has been lodged and any appeal decisions made
It can take up to 48 hours for documents to appear on the website.
- Any plans, drawings or materials sent to us are protected by Copyright
- You can only use material which is downloaded and/or printed for consultation – to compare current applications with previous schemes, or to check whether developments have been completed correctly
- You need permission to make additional copies
- We provide this service for information purposes only
- All plans, drawings and other materials have been submitted to us to apply for planning permission
- We only include records that we have scanned – it is not a complete database of all information held by us