What does parking cost?
You need to pay for parking from 9.00 am to 6.30 pm, seven days per week (including Bank Holidays)
(Parking is free on Sundays in Malton).
If you have a trailer or caravan you will need to display a separate ticket.We have suspended overnight parking in the Cleveland Way car park. Find out more below.
Cars and motorcycles
|Hours||Short stay (cash)||Long stay (cash)|
|Up to 1 hour||£1.60||£1.70|
|Up to 2 hours||£2.60||£2.50|
|Up to 3 hours||£3.00*|
|Up to 6 hours||£5.00*|
|Up to 24 hours||£6.00*|
Coaches and HGVs Eastgate, Pickering and Wentworth Street, Malton
|Up to 1 hour||£3.00|
|Up to 3 hours||£5.60|
|Up to 24 hours||£10.00|
- Motorbikes must pay and display a valid ticket
- From 12.00pm until 14.00pm, you can park for FREE for one hour at the Town Farm car park, Kirkbymoorside
- You can only park for FREE for 20 minutes in the spaces indicated in the Market Place, Helmsley. You will need to park then get a “FREE time” ticket from the car park machine and display the ticket in your car. Normal parking fees apply after one hour.
How do I pay for parking?
The pay and display machines in each car park accept:
- Chip and Pin – Debit or Credit Card
- Wave and Pay (except Eastgate, Wentworth Street and Cleveland Way)
Can I get a parking permit?
Yes. We have lots of different parking permits in Ryedale. Find out more about our permits on our parking permit page.