To advertise and accept bookings for work, you need to have a Private Hire Operator’s Licence.
What do I need to do?
- You must apply to us for a Private Hire Operator’s Licence
- This licence will allow you to take bookings and send private hire vehicles for pre-booked hire
- You must also have a Private Hire Vehicle Licence for all vehicles involved
- All drivers must have a Dual Driver’s Licence
How do I apply for my Private Hire Operator’s Licence?
- Complete this online form: Operator application form
- You will also need to send the right fee with your application (£1,100 for five years or £330 for one year)
- Please also include details of off street parking and a copy of your DBS disclosure (less than three months old)
- Your licence lasts for five years, unless it is suspended
- You cannot transfer your licence to anyone else
- If you have a satellite office or base in Ryedale, we can add it to your licence
It is your responsibility to get planning permission for off street parking.
What does the licence cost?
- One year £330
- Five year Private Hire Operator £1100.00
- Three year dual-driver £380 or £249 if you’re renewing it.
We will send you a renewal application four weeks before your licence ends.
How do I make a change to my licence?
- To make a change to drivers, tell us in writing within 48 hours
- To change your home address (even if temporary), you must tell us within seven days
- If you want to change your business premises, you must tell us in writing