How has COVID-19 affected pest control?
- To keep you and our team safe, we continue to follow all the government guidance about working in people’s homes
- When we need to, we’ll do a risk assessment to make sure we’ve done everything we can to keep everyone safe
What pests do you treat?
All of our pest control team are fully qualified to help you take care of pests. We can help to control pests in your home or business and can provide one off treatments as well as ongoing contracts. We can treat:
- Ants (inside your property only)
- Certain types of beetle, such as biscuit beetle or larder beetle (inside your property only)
- Fleas and mites
- Fly infestation (inside your property only)
- Certain types of moth
- Mice (inside your property only)
- Grey squirrels
**It may not always be possible to treat a wasp nest if it is in a difficult location, such as a high roof or near to an electricity wire.
How does pest control work?
- We arrange to visit you during office hours
- We identify pests with technical advice and follow up with treatment when necessary
- We use poisons safely and give you advice sheets including health and safety requirements
- We ask our Environmental Health Team for help, when needed
- We send you an invoice when the work is complete
- If you get Housing Benefit, Universal Credit or Council Tax Benefit, we just charge you a flat rate
How can I help?
- It’s important that you understand the materials we use can be harmful to humans, pets and wildlife. Always follow our advice sheets and never interfere with baits or poisons.
- Keep any appointment that you make with us. If you need to cancel, please tell us in good time.
- Pay promptly
- Tell our team if any areas are dangerous or unsafe
What does it cost?
We may charge a £45 call-out charge if:
- We find it’s not practical or safe to carry out the treatment once we arrive at your property or business
- You aren’t in when we visit on the arranged date
- There is no need to treat, for example the problem has been resolved
- We are called out to deal with wasps and they are identified as bees
Our pest control charges
For the period April 2022 to March 2023
|Casual treatments||Per hour||£83.50|
|Commercial contract initial site assessment 1 hour min*||£83.50|
|Unit of Charge||£ Charge 2022/23 (incl vat)|
|Advice visit/ callout|
(deducted from cost of treatment if applicable)
|All rodents and insects excl. bedbugs (up to three visits)||Per treatment||£81.15|
|Each additional visit||Per treatment||£31.20|
|Wasps nest||Per visit||£68.00|
|Each additional nest||Per treatment||£16.85|
|Bed bugs (up to two visits)||Per treatment||£88.50|
|Special domestic (where two operatives are required)||Per visit||£124.80|
|Cancellation charge (less than 24 hours notice)||£28.50|
|Concessionary flat charge*||Per visit||£36.50|
- You will be sent an invoice after we have finished treatment.
- If insects need to be sent away for identification, there will be a £40 fee.
What if I need to cancel?
If you cancel your appointment with less than 24 hours notice there is a cancellation charge of £28.50.
Do you provide contracts for businesses?
Yes. Our qualified and experienced team can provide:
- A free survey of any commercial property
- Help and guidance on pest management systems, including proofing services
- A no obligation quote for a pest management contract
What happens after treatment?
- Remove all pesticides, pesticide containers and all pest carcasses (where possible)
- Provide information on the extent of the problem and the treatment we have carried out
- Give you safety instructions for any of the pesticides we used
Do you treat or remove bees?
No, we love bees. Bees are also a really important part of our environment. You may notice Honey bees swarming during spring and summer.
If you want some help to identify bees, or need someone to safely remove a swarm, please visit the British Beekeepers Association website.
Please note: beekeepers may need to recover expenses, like travel costs. Please check this with your beekeeper before making any arrangements.Book our pest control service here
Once you’ve asked us to help you with a pest problem, our Pest Control Team will contact you to arrange a convenient time to visit you
Please note: Some pest treatments will require more than one visit. Prices include the number of visits that need to be made to deal with the problem. If we aren’t able to carry out a treatment, you will only be charged a call-out fee.