Our traveller site is at Tara Park, Malton.
How does it work?
- Each pitch on the site has its own service block, with a kitchen area and bathroom
- Our Site Manager visits often and will help you when needed, (or arrange for our Support Officers to contact you, if necessary)
- You must maintain your own pitch. This means keeping your pitch and garden area clean and tidy.
- You will be responsible for the general upkeep of the site and must not cause a nuisance
How much does a traveller pitch cost?
Your licence will cost between £70 or £80 per pitch per week, depending on its location.
- You can apply for Housing Benefit to help you pay for this but this does not include water and sewerage charges
- You will also have to pay Council Tax for your pitch. You can apply for Council Tax Support to help you pay for this. You can also apply for the Housing element of Universal Credit.
You may not be offered a pitch if:
- You have any other home (or own any property) elsewhere
- You owe us money for any reason
- You currently, or have in the past, trespassed on one of our Traveller sites
- If you show unacceptable behaviour (anti-social behaviour)
- You provide false or misleading information and/or deliberately withhold information, or provide an incomplete application form
- Deliberately worsens your circumstances
How do I apply for a traveller pitch?Complete the application form here
- You will be added to a waiting list which uses a ‘priority’ system with a points and bands system relating to your needs
- Within each band, applications are ranked in date order of when they were accepted
- A description of the points criteria checklist is in Appendix 2 of our Tara Park Allocations Policy
- The availability of site pitches is restricted and depends on a site becoming available. As a result, we can’t provide any time frames once your position in the waiting list has been confirmed.
What other housing options are there?
You do have other options, either while you wait for a pitch or as an alternative:
- You can apply to join North Yorkshire Home Choice, if you have a connection to North Yorkshire
- It means you can be added to a list of people who want to be considered for flats and houses owned by us and other Housing Associations in North Yorkshire
- Please contact our Housing Options Team if you would like any further information
If you want more information please visit North Yorkshire Home Choice