The Freedom of Information Act means you have the right to access a wide range of information.
You also have the right to access any of our environmental information, under the Environmental Information Regulations. Often this information is especially useful if you are buying a home and want to find out more about the local environment.
What sort of information can I see?
You have a right to view any information that we hold on the state of Ryedale’s:
- You can also view information on anything that affects the areas above, like energy, noise, radiation or waste, emissions and discharges into the environment
How do I ask to see environmental information?
All you need to do is ask us in writing. Please include:
- The address of the property concerned
- What information you are interested in
- A map and grid reference (if possible)
- Specific concerns if they have been highlighted previously
- A response name, address and contact number
We will include a written reply with our evaluation and interpretation of data, with as much information as possible for home buyers, conveyancing solicitors, environmental consultants or others.
There may be a charge for certain types of information.
Please submit an Enquiry Form to find out more.