Garden waste subscription service
We can collect your garden waste from your kerbside each fortnight, if you sign up to our garden waste kerbside collection service.
A subscription for 2021/2022 costs just £38 per bin. The service for this year runs from 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022. We don’t run any collections during the winter months – December, January and February.
If you would like more than one bin, then you’ll need to pay £38 for each additional bin. If you do need to order a new garden bin, or an additional one, then apply for an additional bin for garden waste here.
Reducing plastic waste
We have changed the service for 2021/2022 to reduce plastic waste. We will not be issuing new plastic tags to existing customers, so please keep the current green licence tag that you have attached to your brown bin. Subscribe every year as normal and keep your receipt as proof of purchase.
New tags will only be issued to new customers or customers who want additional bins. Don’t worry if your tag has gone missing – subscribe as normal – let us know and we will replace your lost card.
Some residents need to use compostable liners as they haven’t got room to store a wheelie bin, or they live in a remote part of Ryedale where their garden waste is collected by a smaller van. If you need to order liners please subscribe online or by calling 01653 600666.
If you have just a small amount of waste from your garden, then you can home compost it instead. Find out more about home composting.
The garden waste we collect is disposed of at local farms, where it is composted and spread back on the local farm land. So, it’s a great service for you and for our environment.
Sign up and pay
In the unlikely event you experience an issue with the payment, please check your bank account before applying again.
What happens next?
If you are renewing, once payment is received you will get a receipt. You won’t receive a new green licence tag, so please keep your current one attached to your bin. Please keep your receipt as proof of purchase.
If you’re a new customer or an existing customer ordering additional bins – you should receive a green licence tag and confirmation letter within 14 days of paying. When they arrive, just attach the plastic licence tag to your brown bin using the cable tie provided. That shows our team that you’ve subscribed.
If you’re an existing customer and your green licence tag is missing from your bin – don’t worry – let us know and as long as you have a current subscription, we will issue you with a replacement.
If you use garden waste liners – once the payment has been received, we’ll deliver a supply of 76 liners to the property for which the subscription has been paid. Up to 4 liners of garden waste can be presented at each collection.
We’re sorry, but we can’t empty bins if you haven’t got a current subscription.
Please remember to have your brown garden bin out ready for collection at 6am on your collection day. If you’re not sure when that is, you can check your bin collection day here. (find your bin day)
What goes in your garden waste collections
Remember we will collect:
- Grass cuttings
- Windfalls (fruit from your garden)
- Cut flowers/ plants
- Weeds / Turf / Hay / Straw
- Hedge clipping
- Leaves and bark
- Small branches/prunings
- Meat / Fish / Cooked food
- Dog or Cat waste
- Pre-treated wood
- Stones and rubble
- Disposable nappies
- General household rubbish
2021/2022 Terms & Conditions
- The garden waste subscription entitles you to use the fortnightly garden waste service from 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022. It is not an entitlement to a specific number of collections
- Subscriptions made after 1 April 2021 may not be guaranteed
- Please note – The garden waste service is not affected by Bank Holiday Mondays However, Good Friday, 2 April collection will be collected on Saturday 3 April instead.
- The Council reserves the right to cancel collections in the event of severe weather
- Collections will be suspended for the winter months of December, January and February
- Wheeled bins remain the property of the Council
- No refunds will be given
- The licence is non-transferable and only valid for the property for which it was originally purchased. For residents who are moving within Ryedale, please contact us for advice regarding your garden waste subscription
- The Council accepts no liability for lost, damaged or stolen licences or bins. If your licence is lost, broken or stolen complete the online form or contact us on (01653) 600666
- Your collection day may change. If this happens you will receive prior notification
- Please do not destroy or remove the current green licence from your bin. New licences will not be issued unless lost or damaged.
- Each brown bin presented for collection must have a green licence tag attached.