Any waste businesses produce is classed as commercial waste.
Businesses have legal obligations about storing and disposing of rubbish from premises, called ‘duty of care’. That means you have a legal duty to keep commercial waste to a minimum, by reusing and recycling what you can. You need to sort and store it safely and securely. And then, you need to make sure it’s disposed of responsibly.
Because of this, commercial waste should not be disposed of in your household rubbish bin.
Anyone who gets paid for their services is a business, even if they are a sole trader. If you use part of your home to run your business then any waste from that part is classed as business waste. It must not be disposed of in your household waste collection either.
Business waste can come from:
- Shops, offices, factories, restaurants or other business premises
- Mobile businesses such as beauticians, window cleaners or gardeners
- Tradesmen such as builders, plumbers, tilers and kitchen fitters
- Tourism businesses – such as holiday cottages, guest houses and hotels
- Farms – non-biodegradable waste i.e. silage wrap and feed bags
- Charities and non-profit organisations
For each load of non-hazardous waste that is moved off your premises you need a waste transfer note, or a document with the same information, such as an invoice. You can find out more about waste transfer notes on the GOV.UK website.
You must also include the SIC Code on your waste transfer note. This is the ‘Standard Industry Classification’ code for your industry/business.
We offer a competitive and professional commercial waste collection service, with tailor-made solutions for both general waste and recyclables. Contact our Commercial Waste Team to discuss your requirements.
North Yorkshire County Council accepts some types of commercial waste at their household waste recycling centres. For more information on the types of waste accepted and charges, please visit the North Yorkshire County Council website.
For helpful advice about how to reduce your waste, visit Wrap.
Please note, if any of your business waste is classified as hazardous, you must make special arrangements to dispose of this. You can check if your waste is hazardous on the GOV.UK website.
Our commercial waste service
We run a professional and dedicated commercial waste service. From the middle of the North York Moors to the Wolds and the market towns of Helmsley, Kirkbymoorside, Malton and Pickering to outskirts of York, our fleet of modern waste disposal vehicles means we can access even the most far reaching businesses in Ryedale.
Get in touch to see how our commercial waste service can help your business.
Our facilities and equipment
- Durable bins ranging from 240 litres to 1,100 litres, suitable for most types of waste and easy to move around.
- Our depot is based in the centre of Ryedale which means we are never far away.
You’ll benefit from:
- An experienced and dedicated commercial waste team, delivering commercial waste services to Ryedale for over 25 years.
- First class customer service with a direct telephone line to our waste management, billing and management teams.
- Fully qualified, experienced and friendly bin crews offering a local service, so we can be flexible if your needs change.
- Collections available as often as you need, up to five days a week (Monday to Friday).
- Clear, up front competitive pricing – yearly invoices mean our prices won’t change mid contract.
- No hidden fees or charges – we don’t charge by weight, and you won’t pay VAT.
- Flexible contracts – seasonal contracts mean you only pay for our services when you need them.
- A short cancellation period – just give one month’s notice.
- A range of payment options – take advantage of our annual/monthly direct debit plan, pay online by credit card or you can pay by cheque.
We can help with your general commercial waste, recycling, bulky waste and rubbish from events.
Interested? Get in touch to see how our commercial waste service can help your business.
There are other registered waste carriers who run a commercial waste service and you are free to choose the best option for you. That’s why the commercial waste service isn’t covered in your business rates.
Existing commercial waste customers
If you are an existing customer, here’s how to tell us about an issue, book an extra collection or make a change to your contract:
You can find your scheduled collection day on your waste transfer note or agreement. Alternatively, contact us and we will check your commercial waste collection date for you.
Bank holiday collection day changes will be posted on the homepage of this website and our social media channels.
You can make a secure payment online at any time via our Online Payment System and choose Sundry Invoices.
You can also pay by:
- BACS – quoting your invoice number, sort code 30-63-64, account number 43834568
- Direct debit. If you’re a current commercial waste customer, you can download a direct debit mandate here. Once printed and completed, please return by post to Ryedale District Council, Ryedale House, Old Malton Road, Malton, North Yorkshire, YO17 7HH marked for the attention of the commercial waste service
- Via call our 24-hour automated payment line on 0800 0351566 by debit or credit card
- In person at Post Offices and other outlets displaying the Allpay sign
If you have waste you need cleared before your scheduled collection day, don’t worry, you can arrange another collection. You will be invoiced an extra charge for this service in line with our standard costs for general waste or recycling waste.
To arrange an extra collection, contact us to discuss your requirements.
Bag and sticker orders
If you need more bags or stickers for your collection, please contact us and let us know:
- How many rolls of bags you require (25 per roll)
- Your business name and address
- Business ID (if known).
Contact us to order more bags and stickers
If your bin is missing, please make sure that our crews have not left it somewhere different to its usual place.
If your bin is missing because of our bin crew, for example if the bin has fallen into the back of the bin lorry (the crew will be aware of this), we will replace your bin free of charge.
If your bin is damaged, such as the lid or wheel has come off, please report this to us so we can arrange to make any repairs as soon as possible.
If your waste has not been collected on your scheduled day, as detailed on your waste transfer note or agreement, please get in touch. We will tell our bin crew who will return to collect it as soon as possible.
If you have forgotten to put your bin out, please let us know. If our bin crew is still in the area, we will do our best to collect your waste for you.
If you want to amend your contract, such as change your bin size, or alter the frequency of your collections, please contact us to discuss your needs.
We are sorry to hear that you want to cancel your service with us. If you are still in business, please make sure that you have another waste contract in place before you cancel with us, so you fulfil your legal duty of care. A one month cancellation period applies from the date you complete this form.