The Covid-19 pandemic has meant significant changes within the tourism sector. We’ve put together some useful information to help you make any key decisions that you might need for your business.
Please remember we are here to do anything we can to support our tourism businesses, not only today and in the weeks ahead, but also in the future when we will be focusing on how best we can help our Ryedale business to recover as quickly as possible.
We are following government guidelines in relation to coronavirus.
Advice for accommodation providers
- GOV.UK Hotels and other guest accommodation guidance
- GOV.UK Restaurants, pubs, bars and takeaway service guidance
- UKHospitality guidance
- National Caravan Council
- British Homes and Holiday Parks Association
- Caravan and Motorhome Club
- Professional Association of Self Caterers
- B&B Association
- Short Term Accommodation Association
- Country Land and Business Association
Advice for indoor and outdoor attractions
- The Association of Leading Visitor Attractions (ALVA)
- National Museum Directors Council
- British Marine
- British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums
Reassurance for visitors
Visit Britain – the launch of the ‘We’re Good to Go’ industry mark
“We’re Good To Go” is the official UK mark to signal that a tourism and hospitality business has worked hard to follow Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines and has a process in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
- The scheme is free to join and open to all businesses across the sector
- To get the mark, you must complete a self-assessment through an online platform including a check-list confirming you have put the necessary processes in place. You will then receive your certification and the ‘We’re Good To Go’ mark to display in your premises and online.
Safe, Clean Legal kite-mark
Quality in Tourism has also devised a Safe Clean Legal kite-mark to guide businesses through the process of being ready to welcome visitors post-Covid.
Tourism business support
For regular updates on issues within the sector follow our tourism industry Twitter account – VisitRyedaleBiz.
Visit England/Visit Britain
For advice specific to the tourism industry, Visit Britain, which has all the latest information on Covid-19 and how Government and its agencies are managing it.
Welcome to Yorkshire
- The latest information for businesses from Welcome to Yorkshire.
- Business Resources to help with COVID-19
- #YorkshireTogether: How to adapt your business during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Tourism Know How
Business support including free online marketing workshops filled with practical ideas and ‘how to’ information that you can use straight away. Relevant businesses can access this remotely. Full details are available at Tourism Know How.
Tourism businesses can also join the very supportive online Tourism Network community. Tourism specialist Susan Briggs, provides regular support through this community.