Closing date: Sunday 30 January 2021 (midnight)
A new opportunity has arisen as the role of Monitoring Officer for Ryedale District Council.
This is a role where you can apply your strong leadership and expertise to influence decision making and ensure a fair and equitable process for all.
We are seeking individuals with significant experience of working within democratic services and full knowledge of the duties and powers of a Monitoring Officer and how to manage this, as defined in the Local Government and Housing Act 1989.
You will be a positive and organised leader, with strong management skills.
The role is currently fully home-based. Looking to the future there will be an opportunity for flexible, hybrid working with a combination of office at RDC and home-based plus face to face meetings as required (to be agreed with the appointee)
The role of Monitoring Officer will ensure the effective and efficient management of the Council’s:
- Democratic processes, including the delivery of voter registration, elections and referendums
- Supporting and equipping Elected Members and officers in carrying out their roles through support and training, and promoting and embedding all aspects of good governance
- Providing support to the Council’s overview and scrutiny processes
- Providing support and advice to senior managers, Committee Chairs, Full Council and its committees, sub-committees and working parties.
- Promoting high standards of information governance and ensuring that Freedom of Information, Data Subject Access requests and corporate complaints are dealt with in a correct and timely manner
- Leading commissioned services which relate to the postholder’s remit including Legal and Procurement services, ensuring that they meet organisational needs, deliver against agreed specifications and represent value for money
This is a superb opportunity to work in a small and supportive Council, where you can utilise your expertise and further expand your experience.
About Ryedale District Council and Ryedale District
Ryedale District Council provides services for approximately 53,000 residents, local businesses and the many visitors to the area. The district encompasses beautiful countryside including the popular North York Moors National Park. RDC offices are based in Malton a small Market town known as Yorkshire’s ‘Food Capital’. Close to the North York Moors with countryside, the Ryedale District is a fantastic place to live and work. Our offices provide free staff parking and are walking distance from the train station. As a district council, we have a very special role to play in the lives of citizens across Ryedale. We deliver the services that people rely on, day-to-day. We are responsible for housing, for leisure and recreation, for waste and recycling, planning and environmental health. But beyond that, we’re the people “on the ground”. We really know and understand our communities, and we work to give everyone in Ryedale the best opportunities, and the best quality of life.
Please contact Phillip Spurr on 07824 588913 for an informal discussion regarding the post; email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this role please submit your CV to Keeley Metcalfe, Resourcing Solutions Business Partner email@example.com by midnight on Sunday 30th January 2022.