Council car parks
- Category: Parking
- Last Updated: 20 September 2016
- How do I find the car parks and are there any public toilets nearby?
- What are the charges and how can I pay?
- Permits and Smartcards - an easier and cheaper way to pay
- How do I pay a Penalty Charge Notice?
- Instructions, Terms and Conditions for Use of the Car Parks
- Apply to use the Council's land and facilities for an event
Use the zoom tool to focus in on the area you wish to view or double click within the map. Drag the map around with your mouse. Click on the icon to view available information.
View Off-Street Car Parks and Public Toilets in a larger map.
Car Parks (and Public Toilets)
RADAR keys are required for all disabled toilets.
|Town||Car park||Duration||Spaces (inc disabled)||Public toilets|
|Kirkbymoorside||Town Farm||Long Stay (max. 24 hrs)||
|On the car park|
|Malton||Water Lane||Long (max. 24 hrs) & Short Stay (max. 2 hrs)||109||Malton Market Place & Wentworth Street|
|Wentworth Street||Long Stay (max. 24 hrs)||381||Adjacent to the car park|
|Pickering||Ropery||Short Stay (max. 2 hrs)||84||On the car park|
|Vivis Lane||Long Stay (max. 24 hrs)||58||Ropery & Eastgate|
|Eastgate||Long Stay (max. 24 hrs)||124||On the car park|
|Helmsley||Market Place||Short Stay (max. 2 hrs)||83||Borogate|
|Cleveland Way||Long Stay (max. 24 hrs)||156||On the car park|
|Norton||St Nicholas Street||Free||Church Street|
If you have any comments or require information on the condition or use of Ryedale District Council car parks please contact Streetscene or telephone 01653 600666.
Charges apply from 9.00 am to 6.30 pm, 7 days per week including Bank Holidays (Malton free of charge on Sundays).
|Cars and motorcycles||
Coaches and HGVs
Eastgate, Pickering - Wentworth Street, Malton
|Short Stay||Long Stay|
|Up to 1 hour||£1.60||80p||£1.60||80p||£3.00|
|Up to 2 hours||£2.50||£1.25||£2.40||£1.20|
|Up to 3 hours||£2.90*||£1.45||£5.60|
|Up to 6 hours||£4.30*||£2.15|
|Up to 24 hours||£5.80*||£2.90||£10.00|
*Make the most of your day out in Ryedale
Long stay car parking tickets are transferable between all long stay car parks in the district. The ticket needs to be displayed as usual in the vehicle window.
Disabled Drivers Please Note:
- Parking for disabled drivers is not free of charge.
- The disabled may park for three hours for the same price as two in all Short Stay car parks.
- Disabled parking spaces are available in all car parks, located either close to the pay and display machines and/or the public conveniences.
- Please ensure the Blue Badge is displayed at all times.
Motorhomes are welcome on the car parks provided they are parked wholly within a bay. This may mean parking in two adjacent bays, for which two pay and display tickets are required, or parking in a coach / HGV bay, for which the appropriate charge must be paid.
A separate pay and display ticket is required for a trailer or caravan.
Each motorcycle must pay and display a valid ticket or permit.
The pay and display machines located on each car park accept the following methods of payment;
- Chip & Pin - Debit or Credit Card
- Wave and Pay (except Eastgate, Wentworth Street and Cleveland Way)
- Ryedale District Council Smartcard
If you are a regular user of the car parks, we have a number of good value and convenient payment methods.
- Max. 2 hours parking on any Council off street car park.
- £52 per year (£1.00 per week) for Ryedale residents, or £125 per year (£2.40 per week) for Non-residents.
- No restrictions on how many times a day or week the permit may be used, but you must abide by the local car park bylaws.
- Great value if you use the car parks less than once a week.
- Costs £12 and includes £10 half price parking credit at the machine and £2 for cost of card
- All day parking on any Council off street Long Stay car park.
- £208 per year or £52 per quarter (equivalent to £4.00 per week).
- Porters Coffee shop (Smartcards and Short Stay Parking permits)
- Brooks Newsagents (Smartcards and Short Stay Parking permits)
- Hunters delicatessen (Smartcards)
- English Heritage (Smartcards, Short Stay and Long Stay Parking Permits)
- Kirkbymoorside Post Office (Smartcards, Short Stay Parking Permits)
- Costcutter, Eastgate (Smartcards, Short Stay and Long Stay Parking Permits)
- Castle News (Smartcards, Short Stay and Long Stay Parking Permits)
Ryedale Residents - please provide either your vehicle log book, driving licence or Council Tax bill, which shows you are a permanent resident of Ryedale.
Changes to vehicle registration numbers will be charged an administrative fee of £2.00.
|Short Stay (Ryedale based operators)||£100 (£1.92 per week)|
|Short Stay (non Ryedale based operators)||£240 (£4.62 per week)|
|Long Stay permit||£400 (£7.69 per week)|
Permits are available from Ryedale House, Malton.
Changes to vehicle details will be charged an administrative fee of £2.00.
Civil Parking Enforcement (CPE) means the powers to enforce on-street parking, loading and waiting restrictions have transferred from the Police to North Yorkshire County Council (NYCC), the local highway authority.
CPE is operational across the County and all local authorities are working together on this service. CPE also applies to the Council run car parks throughout the County.
Scarborough Borough Council (SBC) has operated CPE in the Scarborough borough since 2007 and is responsible for CPE in Ryedale for both on and off street (car parks) enforcement.
SBC staff patrol on and off street in Ryedale and issue Penalty Charge Notices to motorists that contravene the parking regulations. SBC also deal with all appeals and pursuance of Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs) on behalf of Ryedale District Council.
To pay or appeal your PCN please visit Scarborough Borough Council website where you can also view the photographs that were taken at the time the PCN was issued, or write to;
St Nicholas Street
For more information, please see Scarborough Borough Council's website.
Please note: Ryedale District Council is not able to accept payment or appeals on behalf of Scarborough Borough Council.
- Bays marked for use by the disabled are for the exclusive use of vehicles displaying a disabled badge
- Vehicles displaying a disabled badge are not exempt from the payment of the appropriate charge
- Motorcyclists are not exempt from payment of the appropriate car park charges
- A valid ticket or permit must be displayed at all times
- All vehicles must be parked wholly within a marked bay.
- All vehicles using the car park must conform to all signs and directional arrows
- A separate ticket must be purchased for trailers and caravans
Conditions of Use
- No sleeping, cooking, camping or lighting of fires
- No servicing or washing of vehicles
- No advertising or business use
- No deposit of litter or other substances
- No unnecessary use of horns or sirens
- No threatening or abusive conduct
- No engines to run while parked
Ryedale District Council accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to cars parked in any car park or the contents thereof unless such loss or damage is caused by the negligence of Ryedale District Council.
The Council is happy to consider requests from charities, town groups or public information events to use our car parks for events.
You will need to complete one of the forms shown at the foot of this page; either
- the full events application form for events which will use rides, marquees, utilities etc such as a Fair or other major event, or
- the short events application form for events such as charity fundraising stalls, information stalls, using the car park during adjacent building works etc.
Each application must be accompanied by
- Public Liability Insurance for a minimum level of £5 million. For higher risk activities the Council may require cover up to a level of £10 million. Applicants will be notified of any increased requirements
- Where certificates, plans etc. are required, these must be sent with this application or by no later than 21 days before the event takes place.
- An Event Management Plan and Risk Assessment for the event must be undertaken by the applicant prior to the event taking place and must be submitted at least 14 days before the event
Your application cannot be approved unless all the relevant information is provided.