Ryedale District Council

Permission to film and photograph

Information on filming, photography and other services.

The Council, as the Licensing Authority, is responsible for authorising the public exhibition of films. Please see below, the Council's film authorising procedures and an application form.

Screen Yorkshire

Screen Yorkshire provides the film commission services for the Yorkshire region and is your first port of call if you are considering filming in Ryedale. They provide a one-stop-shop for all your production enquiries and may also be able to help your production access regional funding. 

Screen Yorkshire offer logistical support from finding the right location, crew and facilities, locating build and office space to brokering deals with local hotels, liaising with Ryedale District Council, North Yorkshire County Council Highways and other ancillary services on your behalf.

Visit their website for more information.

For further information please contact Richard Knight, Head of Production tel:0113 2368236.

Attachments (downloads)
FileNo of pagesFile sizeCreated
Download this file (Film_Authorisation_Application_Form.pdf)Film authorisation application form437 kB01-2014
Download this file (Ryedale_Film_Authorisation_Procedure.pdf)Ryedale film authorisation procedure9124 kB01-2014

Contact us

Main contact links for the Council:

Find our main offices by map

Connect with us

We're on Social Networks. Follow us and get in touch.

Website status

We will report here on any changes to web services.

25 May 2017: We are currently unable to process credit and debit card payments online and over the phone due to an issue with our payment system. We are working to resolve this as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience.

» Website feedback

You are here: Home All services Leisure and culture Arts and culture Permission to film and photograph