Ryedale District Council

Safeguarding children and vulnerable adults

North Yorkshire County Council deals with any concerns for the welfare of children and vulnerable adults in the Ryedale area.

nycc logoNorth Yorkshire County Council is the lead authority for the welfare of all children and vulnerable adults.

If you or the person you are concerned about is in danger you should ring the Police on 101 but if immediate action is required, you should ring the emergency services on 999. If you or the person you are concerned about is not in immediate danger, you should ring our North Yorkshire County Council customer services centre on 01609 780780 (24 hour).

Does Ryedale District Council have a responsibility for safeguarding vulnerable children and adults?

Ryedale takes safeguarding very seriously.

  • The Council has a duty to safeguard vulnerable adults and children. Council staff receive specific safeguarding training and work according to the Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy and Procedures
  • The Ryedale Safeguarding Panel meets quarterly to review this policy, arrange training, monitor referrals and ensure compliance with the Policy. Panel meetings are chaired by the Deputy Chief Executive and members of the panel include the Designated Safeguarding Officer, Safer Ryedale, district councillors and representatives from various council departments
  • The Council is a reporting agency and has a duty to report any safeguarding concerns to North Yorkshire County Council who review the facts and respond as appropriate
  • The council works in partnership with other agencies to safeguard children through the North Yorkshire Safeguarding Children Board and vulnerable adults through the North Yorkshire Safeguarding Adults Board


Attachments (downloads)
FileNo of pagesFile sizeCreated
Download this file (Safeguarding_Children_Adults_At_Risk_Policy_Procedures_2.7_Sept_2015.pdf)Safeguarding Children and Adults At Risk Policy and Procedures Sept 201545244 kB05-2016

Contact us

Main contact links for the Council:

Find our main offices by map

Connect with us

We're on Social Networks. Follow us and get in touch.
You are here: Home All services Health and social care Adult social care Safeguarding children and vulnerable adults