Ryedale District Council

Private water supply analysis

The drinking water to your property may be directly supplied either from:

  • Mains Water Supply (e.g. Yorkshire Water) or
  • Private Water Supply (e.g. borehole, spring etc).

Alternatively, you may be supplied with a mains water supply indirectly, (e.g. via a Private Distribution Network), which along with private water supplies are regulated under the Private Water Supplies Regulations 2009.

If you are the owner of a Private Distribution Network, you will be responsible for the pipework and distribution system serving buildings/structures occupied by third parties (as opposed to Yorkshire Water being responsible).

More information is available at Pollution Control - Water.

For further information email Health and Environment or telephone 01653 600666.

Contact us

Main contact links for the Council:

Find our main offices by map

Connect with us

We're on Social Networks. Follow us and get in touch.
You are here: Home All services Environment and waste Environmental health Private water supply analysis