Ryedale District Council

Street works licence

A Section 50 Street Works Licence under the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 is required for members of the public or businesses who wish undertake works that involve digging up or altering a pavement or road.

NYCCNorth Yorkshire County Council, as the local highway authority, has a statutory duty to manage, co-ordinate and monitor the work on the public highway in order to ensure public safety and reduce congestion and delays.

Whilst the first level of works co-ordination is undertaken by the County Council's Streetworks team based at County Hall, Northallerton, day to day co-ordination is undertaken by the Highway Area Offices.

For further information contact the Streetworks Team on 0845 8 727 374.


Contact us

Main contact links for the Council:

Find our main offices by map

Your feedback

Connect with us

We're on Social Networks. Follow us and get in touch.