- Category: Business development
- Last Updated: 11 April 2017
Advice and information on a range of grant schemes for businesses.
For further information please contact the Business Liaison Manager, on 01653 600666, ext 336.
To find out more about grants and funding please visit the How’s Business website, which is part of the York, North Yorkshire and East Riding Local Enterprise Partnership service to help businesses access funding and advice.
The LEADER programme
The LEADER programme for the North York Moors, Coast and Hills is now open (Feb 2016) and taking applications for capital grant aid from small businesses in the Ryedale area looking to expand, north of Malton and Norton (including Malton and Norton).
- Grants of 40% project costs for commercial organisations (more for social enterprises)
- Minimum grant £5,000. No maximum grant currently set
- Project must be linked to creating new employment opportunities
- Closing dates for 1st round is 1st April, for second round is 7 June
- If approved, the project could start in Autumn 2016
More details and information on how to apply are available from the LEADER website.
The Prince's Trust
The Youth Charity, The Prince's Trust helps to change young lives. It gives practical and financial support in developing key workplace skills such as confidence and motivation.
The Prince's Trust works with 14 to 30 year olds, who may have found school difficult, been in care, long-term unemployed or are struggling to find a niche for themselves.
If you have an idea for a business but are unable to raise the funding you need, then The Prince's Trust's business programme could help you to get up and running with financial and mentor support. Information sessions and individual appointments to discuss your idea are available locally. Phone free on 0800 842 842 or visit the Prince's Trust website.